ORDERS & PAYMENT
TheGift.ie accepts payment online by VISA, MasterCard, American Express, Laser, Visa Debit. VAT is charged at the current rate where applicable. Our Credit Card payment is powered by Stripe. Goods will only be shipped once payment has been received in full.
The receipt by you of an order confirmation does not constitute the acceptance of an order. Further verification of information may be required. TheGift.ie reserves the right at any time after receipt of an order to accept or decline the order even after the receipt of an order confirmation by the buyer for any reason.
All transactions are processed in EUR. Depending on your location or your card provider, card issuers may charge an extra fee as a foreign transaction fee. If this applies, it is separate to your transaction with TheGift.ie and beyond our control.
You should then receive a confirmation email from TheGift.ie. Should you not receive this within 12 hours of your transaction, please contact us here: Contact Information
When your order is dispatched you will receive an email confirming the delivery method and tracking number if applicable.
TheGift.ie Delivery Service
Domestic Orders(Ireland Only) of €100 or more will qualify for free delivery. Orders less than €100 will be subject to a €6 delivery charge. All international orders will incur a fee.
Delivery Times/ Delivery Agent
Our primary delivery agent is An Post Express for domestic orders and DPD Couriers for international orders. Orders placed before 4pm will be delivered Next Working Day (R.O.I.). Northern Ireland delivery time is 2 working Days. UK and Europe 3-5 days.
- Working Days are defined as Monday-Friday.
- Orders placed after 4pm will be dispatched next working day.
- Orders placed after 4pm Friday will be dispatched on Monday for delivery Tuesday (N. Irl: Wednesday)
- Order placed on Bank Holiday weekends will be dispatched on following Tuesday for delivery Wednesday (N. Ireland: Thursday)
- TheGift.ie takes no responsibility for incorrect or incomplete address supplied at the time of purchase.
- Delivery Times are during office hours Mon -Fri inclusive.
- All items will require a signature on delivery. Items cannot be left unattended.
- In the event that there is no one at the delivery address to accept/sign for the order, a note will be left at the address by the An Post Express delivery agent detailing where and from when the item will be available for collection(usually local post office or depot). It will be held at this location for 7 working days before being returned to TheGift.ie. Any subsequent dispatch from TheGift.ie will be subject to full delivery charge (regardless of whether or not the initial purchase qualified for free delivery). Should a refund be preferred, a refund will be processed on recipt of the goods minus the original postage fee (regardless of whether or not the initial purchase qualified for free delivery).
Please note minor variations in delivery time may occur at seasonal times. Please schedule your delivery accordingly.
Please note that parcels delivered to places of work are subject to local procedures and the recipient may be required to collect their order from a central delivery point. It is highly likely that direct delivery to an individual will not be possible.We strongly advise that this is taken into account when placing an order and that the recipient is informed to expect a delivery. TheGift.ie takes no responsibility for items lost or damaged after delivery to the address provided. It is the purchasers responsibility to ensure that a secure delivery is possible to any given address. In the event of an item being returned from any given address TheGift.ie will dispatch to another address upon receipt of a €6 delivery charge from the purchaser.
RETURNED PACKAGES AS A RESULT OF NOT BEING PICKED UP/NOT POSSIBLE TO DELIVER TO CUSTOMER
Should we receive a parcel which has been undelivered and returned to us, we will notify you. In this instance, payment will be required to resend the item/ should you not wish for the item to be resent, credit or a refund will be issued less original shipping and admin charges.
DAMAGE IN TRANSIT
Every effort is made to ensure that your gift arrives to you in pristine condition. In the unlikely event of damage in transit, TheGift.ie assumes responsibility for replacement costs only. It is the customer’s responsibility to notify TheGift.ie of any damage within 48 hours of delivery. Damage in Transit claims received after 48 hours after time of deliver has elapsed cannot be processed.
TheGift.ie will arrange for the collection of damaged items and on receipt will issue a replacement or refund.
LIMITATIONS AS TO DAMAGES
The Company shall not in any way be responsible for any personal injury or damage to property howsoever caused. Any electronic or digital equipment is sold subject to manufacturer’s warranty only. The Company shall not in any way be responsible for any damage or any indirect loss caused by such electronic or digital equipment howsoever arising.
Unfortunately we’re unable to cancel or change any part of your order once placed, including the delivery address and order contents.